If you liked our pizza recipe, today I will be sharing your recipe of fillet of catfish, cooked in red wine. Trust me if you don’t drink wine too often even then you will love this recipe.
- 1/3 cup of golden raisins.
- 24 oz catfish fillets.
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour.
- ½ teaspoon of dried sage.
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Vegetable cooking spray.
- 1 tablespoon of margarine.
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- ¼ cup of Chablis.
- ¼ cup of Dry Sherry.
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, low sodium.
- Fresh sage leaves, to garnish.
- Place raisins in a small bowl. Add enough water to cover, then allow to stand for 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Rinse the catfish fillets with cold water, and pat dry.
- Combine the flour, sage, and pepper; dredge fillets in flour mixture to thoroughly coat.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray, then add margarine, and place over medium heat until it melts.
- Add the fillets, lemon juice, and reserved raisins.
- Cover, reduce heat, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover, and turn the fillets.
- Add the Chablis, sherry, and soy sauce to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until wine mixture is slightly thickened.
- Transfer the catfish fillets and wine mixture to a serving platter.
- Garnish with fresh sage leaves.